Friday, June 7, 2013

Meet Courtney!

Courtney has joined The Center's Event Coordination team as our first summer intern! We are so happy to have a new addition to our group and look forward to having her help out with our unique and exciting events. See the post below to learn more about Courtney!

Q: How did you become part of The Center?
A: As a recent college graduate, internet surfing took up a lot of my time. A month out of school and I stumbled upon The Center's blog which had a posting. I sent my resume and received a call the next day. When I arrived back from South Carolina, I toured The Center with Alana, Shannon, and Sam. I was intrigued by how beautiful the space was and excited for the opportunities to work with various brides and vendors.

Courtney with her boyfriend DJ
Q: Tell us a little about yourself?
A: In the spring of 2013, I graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a degree in English Literature and Professional Writing. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, although I did live in Columbus and Michigan for a few years of my childhood. I come from a large family and we are all close to one another. THere is not a day I do not talk to my parents and my sisters. I am a sports fan! You'll most likely see me in Reds, Bearcats, and Ohio State gear. While I enjoy lazy Sundays, I would rather be out and about experiencing new things. Animals are my weakness. Going to the zoo, aquarium, and park to walk my dogs are a few of my favorite activities.

Courtney and DJ at a Red's game
Q: What's your favorite part of the job so far?
A: This job incorporates many different activites. There are exciting new changes which keep everybody on their toes. I enjoy interacting with people, so meeting vendors is at the top of my list. It is rewarding to learn their business and watch them take an empty space and transform it into a creative attraction.

Q: What are your hobbies or non-work related activities?
A: On my off days, I spend most of my time with family and friends. I enjoy having cookouts in the summer and bonfires in the fall. Going to the movies and grabbing dinner with close friends is a priority when we are all in town. Occasionally, I find myself in front of the TV eating black raspberry chip ice cream watching entertainment news.

Courtney and her best friend Meagan
Q: Are there any trends that you would absolutely love or would love to see brides leave behind?
A: I love an artistic bride. I believe the best weddings are those that reflect the personalities of each party. With that said, I enjoy the DIY bride that can create a meaningful invitation and creative centerpiece. Color choice is a huge factor for a successful event; knowing which colors correlate with one another can make or break an event space. Go easy on the eyes :)

Q: Tell us 10 random facts about yourself.

       *I am a collector of old literature
       *Dr. Seuss is my all-time favorite; one day my child's room will consist of art from his books.
       *Lake Winnipesaukee is where I spent my summer vacations as a child.
       *I tend to be an adrenaline junkie. I love roller coasters and jet skis!
       *Netflix is a priority at night.
       *I am obsessed with The Nanny, Buffy, and Friends.
       *Entertainment news is my guilty pleasure.
       *Cherry Coke from Frisch's is a necessity.
       *I don't know what I would do without Skyline, Chipotle, and Starbucks. You'll see me with 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day!
       * Traveling is a priority; one day I will visit Egypt and Greece! I have a fascination for Ancient studies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment