Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Meet Laura!






Q: How did you become a part of The Center?
Before joining The Center I was the development intern for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Cincinnati. There, I learned the ins and outs of event planning and fell in love with the industry. My advisor at RMH knew I wanted to continue in the event planning field and put me in touch with Alana and The Center. As soon as I stepped into the event space for my interiew and learned more about the weddings and corporate events held here, I knew this was the place for me!

Q: Tell us a little about yourself.
I graduated from the University of Dayton in May with a bachelor's degree in Journalism. Here, I was active in Phi Beta Chi, the Honors Communication Fraternity, and was the Secretary for the Locks of Love service club. As a recent graduate, I was eager to move from my hometown of Akron to Cincinnati to see what this city has to offer (I found that it offers a lot less snow).

Q: What are your hobbies or non-work related activities?
A couple of years ago I learned how to crochet/knit and I have been addicted ever since! Within this past year, I have already made two blankets and a countless number of scarves. When I'm not crocheting, I enjoy spending time with my friends, my boyfriend and going to Akron to visit my family.

Q: What's your favorite part of the job so far?
As a recent addition to The Center I am so excited to work closely with the brides in order to make their dream weddings/receptions a reality!

Q: Are there any trends that you absolutely love or would love to see brides leave behind?
I love how brides are starting to choose different dress styles for each of their bridesmaids. I think it makes each bridesmaid stand out and look confident. Along with this, the use of wild flowers for a bouquet is also unique and edgy. I love how little details like these can change the entire flow of an event and allow the bride to make the wedding her own.




Q: Tell us 10 random facts about yourself.

1. I aboslutely love country music. I am determined to move to Nashville one day.
2. I helped break a Guiness World Record for the World's Largest T-Shirt. I spent four hours helping unfold a t-shirt larger than the size of a football field.
3.  I have a bunny name Moo, he is adorable and I'm obsessed with him!
4.  If I could I would eat pasta for every single meal.
5. I have two older brothers so I grew up playing video games and watching Star Wars.
6. My guilty pleasure is reality TV. I can tell all sextuplets apart in Jon & Kate Plus Eight and I can tell you why I think Jef from Emily's season should be the next bachelor.
7. I am really good at the computer game minesweeper.
8. My parents have a Golden Retriever name Maizy. They are in love with her and one year for Christmas my brothers and I gave my mom a blanket with Maizy's face on it.
9. I go crazy if I don't use lotion right after I wash my hands.
10. I love ghost stories and could watch the show Ghost Adventures for hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment