Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Meet Alyssa!


Q: How did you become part of The Center?

After graduation, I spent a year searching event planners and venues in the Lexington and northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area. I stumbled upon The Center and reached out for more information. At the time, a position was not available but I connected with Alana on LinkedIn. A year later, I saw the posting for two open positions for The Center and sent in my resume. I heard back the next day and here I am!

Q: Tell us a little about yourself...
I’m originally from Prestonsburg, which is a small town in eastern Kentucky. I graduated from the University of Kentucky in May 2012, with a bachelor’s degree in Integrated Strategic Communications, with a focus in Public Relations. I was a transfer from WKU and graduated college in just three years. I’m a proud Kappa Delta Sorority alumnae. I held several internships during college in the event industry and have always known it was where I belong.





Q: What's your favorite part of the job so far?

I enjoy working with clients from beginning to end. After seeing months of hard work and planning, the end product is always worth it. Weddings are my absolute favorite. I really enjoying building a relationship with the couple and getting to know their story.

Q: What are your hobbies or non-work related activities?

I enjoy reading, watching reality TV, and spending time with family and friends. My family lives three hours away, so I’m very thankful when I get to see them. I also love to travel. It’s something I hope to do a lot more of.

Q: Are there any trends that you absolutely love or would love to see brides leave behind?
Lighting is everything and can make or break an event. I love seeing a bride bring in cool, outside the box ideas for lighting. I’m not a fan of just having a couple colors so that everything matches perfectly. I enjoy seeing an event that looks really put together and perfect but not in an obvious way.

Q: Tell us 10 random facts about yourself.



1) I danced for over 13 years and miss it more and more every day.

2) I lived in Myrtle Beach, SC for two years when I was in elementary school.

3) I absolutely am in love with the beach and will eventually move closer to one. (Cold weather is not for me.)

4) I am addicted to Pinterest. At last glance, I had over 6,000 pins. (And of course, there is a huge wedding board.)

5) I could spend hours in Barnes and Noble or Joseph Beth.

6) Fall is my favorite season. There’s nothing like wearing jeans, boots, and cute sweaters/layers every day.

7) I’m very OCD and cannot function if I’m not organized. Yes, my planner is color coordinated.

8) I enjoy coloring (yes, like in a coloring book) when I get really stressed out. Maybe it makes me feel like a little kid again, which is why it’s so relaxing.

9) I went on my first cruise this year and am totally OBSESSED. I absolutely cannot wait for our next trip.

10) I treat our dog like he’s our child. He is my best friend and a great listener. Nothing makes you feel more loved than having a dog run up to you when you get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment