Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Meet Haley!


Q: How did you become part of The Center?

After graduating from college and moving to Cincinnati last July, I started a small photography business.  While I loved almost everything about my work, from coordinating with clients to posting about shoots online, teamwork was an integral part of my upbringing and education and I truly missed being part of a team. So, I started investigating other avenues and came across a job posting for The Center. It sounded like a perfect fit! I got to meet and speak with Carly, Alana, and Courtney and the more I heard about the position, the more I fell in love with it. When I finally saw the space, I was so excited about the opportunity; I couldn’t wait to get started.

Haley with her friend, Becky

Q: Tell us a little about yourself?

I was born and raised in Southern Louisiana and graduated in 2012 from Hollins University in Virginia with a degree in English and Creative Writing. I love to travel and to learn and both of those interests lead me to Cincinnati last summer. I fell in love with the city and haven’t looked back!

Q: What are you most looking forward to?

I am looking forward to providing new clients with an outstanding experience during their time at The Center. I think knowing that someone has had a successful event and that I’ve played a part in that will be an amazing feeling.  Also, I cannot wait to meet with vendors and develop lasting relationships with local businesses.

Haley with her younger sister, Emily

 
Q: What are your hobbies or non-work related activities?

When I’m not working, I love to write and take photographs, dance, run, and if I’m feeling lazy, nothing beats having coffee with friends on the porch.

Q: Are there any trends that you would absolutely love or would love to see brides leave behind?

I am moved when couples incorporate important parts of themselves into their ceremonies. The best weddings I’ve ever been to have been simple and personal. I don’t know if there’s anything I’d like to see brides leave behind, but I’d love to see more couples bring evidence of what makes their connection unique to their ceremonies.

Haley with her friend, Kelly

Q: Tell us 10 random facts about yourself.

·         I’m left-handed.

·         I love to hear stories about people's lives.
 
·         I lived in England for a little while.

·         I named my car Robin (like Batman’s sidekick)

·         I am very scared of spiders.

·         I’m an out-of-towner who likes Skyline Chili.

·         My family is incredibly important to me.

·         I love to be outdoors, even when it’s raining.

·         I love having discussions with people on trains and airplanes.

·         My favorite food is, and will always be, tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment