Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Your Questions Answered

When I was working on my thesis in college, I was constantly asked to explain it. The first several times, I did not do a great job of articulating the whole concept. Then, I had a professor tell me to practice three different versions of the description - a thirty second pitch, a two minute pitch, and a five minute. I am grateful for this advice because each day at The Center, as we field phone calls and emails, work bridal shows or attend networking events, my fellow Event Coordinators and I need to cover a lot of details quickly.

We hit our key points: location (centrally located), unique features (view of Fountain Square and LED lit dome), and what sets us apart (blank canvas space, hardwood floors, neutral decor, history as the former location of the Contemporary Arts Center and no preferred vendors). If there is interest, we can respond to specific questions or go into detail about the upgrades and improvements to the space. And of course, on the tours, we can cover it all, starting at our travertine staircase, moving through the ballroom, side rooms, kitchen and recently remodeled restrooms.

This blog gives us another opportunity - to answer those questions that you have, but forgot to ask. Because let's face it, touring multiple venues and stopping at booth after booth after booth at a bridal show is a lot to process. You may feel like you're on information overload or working on a thesis project yourself... (See how that came full circle there?!) So let us know what you want to know more about and on Information Tuesdays [working title] we will bring you an in depth look at where to stay downtown, where to have guests park, great places for a rehearsal dinner, and more!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment