Friday, September 21, 2012

Meet Shannon...

"They say it's your birthday..." And now that song will be in your head all weekend!

We celebrated a very special birthday at The Center this week! If you haven't already, be sure to wish Shannon a Happy Birthday Week! In true Shannon fashion, we started the day yesterday with a sugar fest of Dunkin Donuts. Shannon's favorites consist of chocolate glazed and vanilla cream, which of course, must be eaten together!

Aside from her crazy eating habits, Shannon can be found showing off her expertise in social media around the office. Bringing The Center from page 9 to the first option on Google is nothing to laugh about. She is the main contributor to the blog and does a great job keeping us updated.

Without further ado, meet Shannon!

Q: How did you become part of The Center?

Shannon: I joined MCA Center the week before our opening. It has been a rewarding experience watching awareness of The Center grow over the past year and to have the opportunity to participate in so many unique events. We have met with many amazing clients and vendors and continue to receive more and more calls each day!

Q: Tell us a little about yourself...

Shannon: I was born and raised in Cincinnati. I graduated from Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana in May of 2011 with a degree in History and Political Science and then moved back home. I enjoy learning new things and am grateful to have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in sales, marketing, event coordination and so many different aspects of the event industry. I love writing and social media and I am a huge fan of post-its!


Q: What's your favorite part of the job so far?

Shannon: I have really enjoyed working on our print ads, promotional materials and maintaining our social media sites. I was on the journalism staff for newspaper and yearbook in high school; researching developing event trends and interviewing vendors for our blog reminds me of how much I enjoyed journalism! It allows me to be creative, stay informed on local and national industry developments, and interact with clients and vendors every day.

Q: What are your hobbies or non-work related activities?

Shannon: I love spending time with my family and friends. I am lucky to have a lot of very smart, funny people in my life who are extremely supportive and keep me laughing. When I am not able to spend free time with them, I thoroughly enjoy watching ridiculous amounts of reality TV.

Q: Are there any trends that you absolutely love or would love to see brides leave behind?

Shannon: I like the non-traditional receptions we've seen in The Center. The uplighting does so much to transform the space and the lounge furniture makes the atmosphere of the room very relaxed. The use of flowers, candles and the more delicate touches still add elegance to the event. I absolutely love that brides are not afraid to make their event their own.

Q: Tell us 10 random facts about yourself.

Shannon:
1. My go-to comfort food = Dunkin Donuts.
2. Mio's is my favorite place to eat pizza because I can color on the table while I enjoy my meal.
3. I was a big fan of Dave Thomas and his commercials for Wendy's as a child.
4. I am realizing how hungry I am right now (it is past my normal lunchtime).
5. I continue to try to wear high heels during the work day and don't know why. (I am usually very practical.)
6. My initials spell SNOW.
7. I have been to 28 states so far. I plan to visit all 50 in my lifetime.
8. Fall is my favorite season.
9. The Jefferson Memorial is one of my all-time favorite places. I had an internship in Washington, D.C. in college.
10. I could spend an entire day sitting by a fountain.

Shannon standing by one of the fountains on Butler's campus in Indianapolis.

Check back in next Friday to meet the third and final member of The Center's staff. We know you're on the edge of your seats!!! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment