Friday, September 14, 2012

Meet Sam...

Approaching our year anniversary, we are still feeling pretty new to the block. Today we introduce our newest addition to The Center, Sam Lammers. Sam walked in with the biggest smile and bigger laugh during her first day and she hasn't stopped since. For those of you lucky enough to have met her already, you know what we mean. For the rest of you, the next time you see Sam, be sure to give her a warm welcome...and make sure you tell her a joke, you'll feel like you could be a stand up comedian!

Sam on the far left, with Alana and Shannon



Q: How did you become a part of The Center?
Sam: I became involved with The Center because of the growing popularity with the venue. Events have increased in the past couple of months, and continue to increase, therefore The Center requires more staffing to help accommodate the demands of the appointments being made.  I enjoy being part of what the Center has to offer and I am excited for this new opportunity. 
Q: Tell us a little about yourself?
Sam: I am a total “people-person,” I really enjoy meeting new people and interacting with people. I am very laid back; I don’t get stressed out easy so I like to have my hands on a lot of different projects at once.  I enjoy jobs that allow me to do different things all the time, and allow me to get up and move. Luckily, this job requires that.


Q: What's your favorite part of the job so far?
Sam: My favorite part of this job is the actually seeing all the different visions that people have for their big day or their event come together. Watching people plan out their ideas for months, and then finally seeing it all in the space, is incredible. I most look forward to the “big reveals” of each event.
Q: What are your hobbies or non-work related activities?
Sam: My husband and I are such sports fans that almost every night in the summer we have the Reds on our TV, and something is on the grill outside, also, in the fall we stay at home and watch football, every Sunday.  My favorite thing to do is laugh, so I enjoy listening to people tell funny stories. My brother is the silliest person I know.  Anytime I am not at work, I am most definitely hanging with my family, we are super close.

Sam and her brother

Q: Are there any trends that you absolutely love or would love to see brides leave behind?

Sam: I really enjoy the creativity of each bride, mainly when it comes to their centerpiece selections and cake choices. The centerpieces of each table are such a focal point that brides can really have fun with decorating it. Aside from just flowers, I’ve seen a spring wedding with vase full of lemons, and a Christmas wedding with Ornaments neatly arranged on the tables.  Also, the cake choices are always an “eye-catcher”, there is no limit to the size, shapes and colors of a bride’s sweet selection, plus, I can’t wait to taste it!
Q: Tell us 10 random facts about yourself.

1. I’m a huge dog lover, they are my favorite animal; I feel like we just understand each other, I’m a “dog whisperer” in training.


 Sam's Dog Cesar
               
                2. I once watched Titanic three times in a 24 hour time period, I absolutely love that movie.

                3. My brother, dad and mom are all in a surf band- I just go and watch J

                4. I love to dance, my ring tone is the Cupid Shuffle, and every time it goes off I bust a move.

                5. I am a huge NFL football fan, my licenses plate, e-mail address, bedroom was nothing but NFL, (before I got married) I can name every starting Quarterback for all 32 teams, and of course I play Fantasy Football every year.

                6.  I drink so much coffee that I should invest a share in Starbucks.

                7. I buy old TV series on DVD and re-watch them all the time. (The O.C and Dawson’s Creek are my favorite oldies)

                8. I love Cincinnati!!  I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. I named our Boxer (Cesar) after a former Reds player, Cesar Geronimo, and I eat Skyline Chili once a week.

Sam's actual start to her lunch today!

                9. There isn’t a day when I don’t wear polish on my nails, I am OCD about having them look super nice.

                10. I love tattoos; I have so many my artist is on speed dial. 


This surf band sounds interesting! Maybe they'd like to play one of our upcoming events!?

Check our blog next week for more useful, entertaining...err off the wall information about The Center's staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment