Thursday, May 23, 2013

ISES: Sweet 16! Networking at The Zoo

 
The Cincinnati Chapter of ISES celebrated 16 years with a Sweet 16 Celebration at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens. The annual fundraising event was held in the brand new Peacock Pavilion. We enjoyed the opportunity to network with others in the local special events industry, and also had fun seeing the exhibits around the zoo.

 
 
 
 
 
 
At the event, the Zoo provided refreshments and food, including the traditional Nigerian Stew pictured below. Entertainment included live music and a magician - the Amazing Cindini! It was a great evening and always a pleasure to meet with other vendors and learn more about event spaces and services in the Cincinnati area. If you are interested in hosting an event in downtown Cincinnati, check out www.thecentercincinnati.com now!

 
 
Just for Fun!
An Interview with The Center's Event Coordinators
 
Q: What is your favorite animal to visit at the zoo?
Sam: The White Lions because they are massive predators that you can get up close with.
Alana: I'm an indecisive, equal opportunity animal lover. Even making it to the parking lot of the zoo brings on child-like excitement.
Shannon: Each time I visit a zoo, I find myself fascinated by a different animal. This time, I think my favorite was the potto. The potto made swinging around on a tree branch look like a lot of fun! 
 
Q: If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Sam: A Koala Bear because they sleep a lot, climb high, and are found in Australia.
Alana: I'd be an elephant... I'd have an awesome memory and amazing hearing.
Shannon: I usually think I would be a squirrel, but I was also pretty impressed with the polar bear's swimming skills. It's a toss up.  
 
Q: What do you like most about visiting the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens?
Sam: I like seeing the renovations and new additions each year.
Alana: Experiencing the animal encounters where the zoo keepers interact or feed the animals is always my favorite part. The animals get so excited to see them and become much more active when there's food involved. Can't say that I blame them. :)
Shannon: I like being able to walk around and see different things with family and friends. The Festival of Lights is always fun too!


No comments:

Post a Comment