Friday, December 28, 2012

The Center: New Year's Q&A

We at The Center are moving out of 2012 with three amazing events on December 29th, 30th and 31st. Before we head into the weekend, we're taking a look back at 2012 and also thinking ahead to 2013. We are so blessed to have worked with great clients and vendors in our first full year and we are looking forward to working with even more in 2013!

What was the highlight of 2012?

Alana: Shutting the literal gate on my fence building process. It took 6 months, but building the fence myself (with the help of family and friends) saved me $2,000.

Shannon: I have had some big moments in 2012 - I bought a new car (his name is Wolfgang and he's beautiful), I have celebrated at several weddings (both through work, and through the marriages of family and friends), I was able to go to Las Vegas and to Texas and saw my cousins for the first time in many, many years. All in all, 2012 was a good one!

Sam: Buying a house, The Reds AND The Bengals both making the playoffs in their sports!

What was your favorite song of 2012?

Alana: My favorite song will always be, "I Missed the Bus" by Kriss Kross, regardless of the year.

Shannon: I can't say it was my favorite song, but I think that the song I sang the most in 2012 was Flo Rida's "Wild One" - mostly because the first time I heard it, I thought the lyrics were, "I want to shut down the clown with you." I still prefer clown to club.

Sam: Randy Houser's "How Country Feels"

What was your favorite TV show in 2012?

Alana: I'm really into Chicago Fire right now and maybe just ashamed to admit that I never missed a Jersey Shore episode and I enjoy Duck Dynasty more than any person should!

Shannon: Modern Family

Sam: Duck Dynasty for sure, and this season of Dexter was very good!

What are you looking forward to in 2013?

Alana: Vacation!

Shannon: Road trips with Wolfgang.

Sam: Is the second Hunger Games movie coming out?

How do you usually celebrate the new year?

Alana: I usually surround myself with family and friends dancing the night away till the ball drops.

Shannon: Usually I spend New Year's Eve with my family. The parents go out to dinner, while my cousins and siblings and I watch movies and play games. Then everyone watches the ball drop together. In the morning, we eat breakfast and then head out to Skyline for lunch and kick off the next year in style.

Sam: I am such a home-body. I usually am already in bed by the time midnight rolls around.

What will you be doing for New Year's Eve this year?

Alana: This year I'll be packing my best friend up to move from Lexington to Cincinnati! I am so excited she will be right around the corner! For whatever reason, I actually enjoy packing and moving, so I'm set.

Shannon: Either the traditional family celebration or going to a party with friends. I know that I should decide soon, but these holidays keep sneaking up on me!

Sam: I will be working a wedding in The Center!

Will you be making a resolution for the new year?

Alana: I will not be making a resolution...

Shannon: I know that in past years I resolved to never make a resolution again, but there are a lot of things that I would like to do or change in 2013. So, yes, I will be making many resolutions.

Sam: I don't think I will be making one this year.

Do you usually make resolutions? If so, do you stick to them?

Alana: I've never made one - I am just that awesome, or lazy, maybe care-free... fill in the blank with the appropriate adjective here.

Shannon: Yes, I do. No, I do not.

Sam: Haha, no I don't make them because I don't stick to them.



No comments:

Post a Comment